A lightweight tool to archive your Twitter feed in plaintext CSV format.
tweetarchive is a simple python script to archive historical tweets in .csv format, freeing your data from a single centralised point of storage. It also enables you to browse your feed with standard text tools (grep, perl, etc).
- uses the tweepy library with oauth for protected accounts
- only archives tweets created since your previous export
- writes CSV output with user-specified format - so select what fields you'd like to archive
- uses time delays to avoid hitting load throttling
- client-side, meaning no need to give third-party apps access to your auth tokens
Get the source from github:
git clone email@example.com:ideoforms/tweetarchive.git
Sample configuration is included within the repository.